"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, November 16, 2009

Day Five - Thankful for the Gift of Prayer

In just a short while I will be heading to my ophthalmologist appointment to hopefully find out what has been causing my eye pain and headaches. I must admit that I have found myself a little nervous about it. I guess it is that fear of the unknown. It doesn't help that my husband left on a business trip this morning and won't return home until later in the week. My mind keeps thinking of all those 'what ifs...' scenarios.

But in the midst of the unknown, I received two emails this morning from friends telling me that they are praying for my appointment this afternoon. Even though my husband can't be here, I know that his prayers are with me as well.

So this morning as I soon will be heading off to face the unknown, I am thankful for the gift of prayer. Thankful for those that have chosen to assure me of their prayers, but also that in any and all situations we can be praying for someone. What an honor, a gift and a blessing!

No comments: