"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, November 20, 2009

Day Nine - Thankful for Friends

Today was my first day to be out and about this week, other than driving my son to swim practice, or things like that. My son and I attend a homeschool co-op that meets (usually) every other Friday. Afterwards we also had a field trip to a local police station, and then went back to a friend's house for about a half hour. Even though our time of fellowship was short, I still was blessed by the opportunity to get together with friends.

I find that my life is blessed by many friendships. My best friend is my husband. But there also are ladies in my life that are my dear friends as well. A couple of them I was with today. Yesterday I spoke with one of my best friends, who now lives in Georgia. Even though she lives far away from Pennsylvania, we make a point each week to stay in contact with each other. Usually on Mondays we chat about what is going on in our lives, and catch each other up to date. On Thursdays we call again, and spend some time chatting, but mostly make a point of praying for each other. I have found that we have grown closer in our relationship because we pray together. My husband and I make a point of praying together each day, and I know that it draws our hearts.

So today I am thankful for my various friendships. They each are a blessing in my life in some way. I also encourage you to develop a friendship where you pray together. Ask God to draw your hearts as only He can.

No comments: