"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, December 22, 2008

A Heart That Is Growing



Colossians 1:9-12 "For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light.

Last night I had the opportunity to just sit and talk with my youngest son for almost an hour. We talked about a wide range of assortment of topics. It's been a while since we have had a heart to heart talk. The circumstances have to be just right in order for him to feel free top open up and talk. It was a blessing to spend some time getting to know him a little better.

One of the things that he brought up was how much he has been growing spiritually the past year and a half since he entered a leadership training program. I have noticed a change in him as well. Part may also be because he is just maturing physically as well. But I know that a large part of the program he is involved in encourages the students to be intentional about their faith.

I have been thinking about that as this year soon comes to a close. I need to be intentional each day about making sure that my faith is growing, changing and improving. I need to make a point of not getting stagnant. I need to not just go through the motions, but seek to learn more each day about how I can be a better woman of God.

How are you doing with growing in your relationship with the Lord? When was the last time you took pleasure being in God's presence? This Christmas season is a perfect time to start.

ACTIVITY

Examine your heart to see how much you are growing spiritually.

PRAYER

Dear Lord, help me to continue to grow in my faith. Don't let me get stagnant. Amen.

No comments: