"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Transformed Lives

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

This verse was part of my devotions this morning. It is one that I have often read through the years. But somehow, it struck me a bit differently today. I couldn't help but think about how much this short sentence, changed the world as we know it. I'm sure when the disciples responded, they had no clue of how much their lives would be transformed.

I can't help but feel that God offers the same invitation to us too. When we accept Him into our life, we are just on the brink of great things. If we allow Him to change and mold us into His image, we begin to touch the lives around us. We alter the world, hopefully to be a better place!

This topic has been on my heart since Monday. Each day God reveals a little bit more of what it means to live a transformed life. My heart's desire is that others will see Jesus in me, with or without any words that I speak.

No comments: