"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, May 24, 2010

Sore Feet

I had my follow-up appointment with the podiatrist this morning. It was a painful appointment. The doctor administered a cortisone shot - ouch! I also ordered sneakers that are hard on my wallet - $115, not counting the cost of the doctor visit! He's hoping that good shoes, perhaps specialty inserts, and perhaps another injection will do the trick. He isn't overly confident that it will help. If it doesn't, then we will have to go the surgery route. For now, I'm to take it easy, and have my feet up (be off them) as much as possible! I guess once the shoes arrive, I'll be living in sneakers for a while! I'm not to go barefoot, or be in shoes without pretty stiff soles. So much for sandals! :)

The not being able to walk is a hard prescription for me. I love being able to walk - for many reasons. I love being able to enjoy nature, as well as that special time alone with the Lord. I also enjoy the benefits of walking by being able to maintain my weight. Since I have been unable to walk regularly, a few pounds have snuck back on the horizon! Sigh!


I guess now is the time for me to keep my eyes on 2 Corinthians 4:16-18. "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

No comments: