"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Rest for the Weary

Today was a busy day for our family. My husband had a procedure - a peripheral nerve block to help him with the pain he has experienced in his leg since his ski accident last March. It was one of those days that required patience. We were delayed arriving for his appointment because of bad traffic on the highway. We arrived a few minutes late, to learn that they couldn't get to the procedure until at least an hour and a half later than originally scheduled.

So we sat and waited for a while before his name was called. It was to take five minutes. I didn't see my dear husband again for at least another hour. Since we had an appointment at a training hospital, everything takes a lot longer than planned.

My husband was not allowed to drive afterward, so I was the elected driver. I was quite exhausted by the time we arrived home this afternoon. I crawled into bed and slept for at least two hours. It was a blessing to have a break where I was able to get some much needed rest.

Since my podiatrist appointment on Monday, I have been experiencing significantly more pain in my heel, which is making it very difficult to walk. The extra pain I find has been very tiring. On top of that is still recovering from the exhaustion of our whirlwind trip to Florida and back home again.

I love Matthew 11:28 that says, "Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." I can just picture myself crawling into my Heavenly Father's lap, and resting my head and falling asleep. I'm thankful that He provides rest when we are weary - all we have to do is ask! Are you in need of some rest today? I know I am!

No comments: