"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, September 28, 2009

Time to Rest

This past weekend our youngest son attended a training which allowed my husband and I to have some alone time, which does not happen real often. We opted to be intentional about spending time together and focusing on our relationship. We actually went away for the weekend. The place we stayed did not have a radio or television. It was a quiet refuge. We were able to rest and also talk about the direction we want to be heading in the next few months.

I have been talking to my oldest son lately about the importance of balance - time to do work, rest, exercise and just have some fun too. We need a proper balance of all of those. It's easy to advise and not always as easy to do. I'm realizing that I need to take my own advice as well. Right now my body is weary so the time to rest sounds refreshing.

Each day we need to have a proper balance. If we become too focused in one area and neglect others, that isn't good either. I guess each day we need to pray and seek God's wisdom for our day and ask Him to help us to properly balance things.

How are you doing with balancing?

No comments: