"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

We'll Soon Be On Our Way

Well here we are - our last day at home before heading to Florida to take my oldest son to college. We will leave this afternoon when my husband gets home from work. It is hard to believe that we are entering a new era in our lives.

The van is mostly packed and ready to go. There still are some last minute things to pack, food to prepare, etc. I have been wracking my brain, trying to make sure we have remembered to pack everything that he will need this next school year. We won't see him again until Christmas break when he is home for five weeks. Then it will be back to Florida until mid May.

I feel ready to let him go, but sad as well. Of my two sons, this is the one that is very similar to me. I feel like I will be saying farewell to a friend as well.

Please pray for us as we head to Florida and then back home again. We will be gone for about a week.

1 comment:

Steph Fink said...

Saw your post on Lysa's - girl, my heart goes out to you bringing your oldest to college...I prayed for you this morning, your son to make good choices in college and you sweet little son who misses his big bro...

I played it "cool", but could barely get our oldest off to his first grade bus and our youngest to preschool.

Being a mother is such a blessing and an emotional roller coaster!

Blessings to you and yours sister!
steph in va