"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, September 18, 2009

Blessings of Friendship

I recently read on a blog that was encouraging its readers to random acts of kindness. That was the day I planned to do something special with my youngest son to cheer him up since he was missing his brother. My plans were changed when we were in a car accident instead.

I happened to think of this since I have been blessed this week. Even though I have been sick since Monday afternoon I haven't really had to cook this week. On Sunday evening my husband made omelets for us. Monday night he again took over meal preparation for me. Tuesday I put pizza in the oven, so no work there. On Wednesday he brought home a meal for us. Yesterday a friend made a meal and brought it for us. It's enough to feed us for two more times. Tonight another friend offered to bring us a pizza.

So I have had many acts of kindness given to me this week. My dear husband brought me a palm plant because he was thinking of me. He knows how much I love to see the palm trees when we go south. It also is a reminder of my son that is going to college in Florida.

I praise God for people that care about me. I look forward to when I am feeling completely better and can bless others as well. Is there anybody that you can bless today?

No comments: