"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Rough Week

It's been a rough week since we have gotten home from Florida to take our oldest son for his first year of college. Since then, I have been in a car accident, working with an issue with the local school district and am now sick. I'm at the point of saying, "All right Lord, I have had more than I can handle!" But praise God that when I turn my life over to Him, the things that I face are His to handle.

I am thankful today that my strength comes from the Lord, especially since I have very little strength of my own today. I am thankful that He always is here. What are you facing today that seems like an overwhelming obstacle? Take it to Jesus and trust that He will help and guide you!

1 comment:

Anne said...

God likes to keep those He loves on their knees and then helps them to realize that "without Him you can do NOTHING".

Keep clinging tightly to Him. He will never abandon you!

May you feel better soon and in His time.

Blessings,
Anne