"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 1, 2007

The Cook has the Month Off

My 16 year old son has been interested this school year in learning how to cook. So for the past month or so we have had a pretty intensive course of study on cooking. Now comes the test - he is in charge of all meals for this entire month. So far he has only prepared breakfast and lunch today, but I was surprised at how freeing it has been not having to be in charge of meal preparation. He also prepared supper in the crock pot this morning, so he wouldn't have to worry about cooking since he has his college class this afternoon. I think I will enjoy having the month off from cooking. Perhaps I'll be able to do some baking, that I just never seem to find the time to do. I look forward to what new things will show me this month, as I have some extra time that I can spend with him. What a joy to home school and have the flexibility to do something like this. I'll keep you updated on how he does.

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

My daughters take turns every other week in preapring our family dinners. I created a blog for my daughter, Moni, to showcase her meals.
http://cookingwithmjshow.blogspot.com