"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, September 28, 2007

Still Small Voice

I just took an exhilarating walk. I had spent most of the day at the computer trying to do some writing and catch up on some blogging. In between time, I home schooled my 13 year old. Fortunately we do a light day on Fridays with school. I finally decided to take a break and enjoy the beautiful day. We have had several days of heat and humidity. The showers we had overnight ushered in a cool, breezy day with lower humidity. I had the doors and windows open all day, and the outside was calling me.

I set out for a vigorous walk and some time with the Lord. While exercising, observing the beauty of the day, I also talked with my Heavenly Father. I have been struggling some with balance lately and trying find to get everything done - or at least the things that have highest priority. I felt God prompting me to some changes in my schedule that are very doable that would allow me time to still devote time with home school each day as well as allow some time for my writing and blogging, as well as time left over for the daily chores.

I pray Lord that I will always have my heart open and attuned to your leading. Help me to make the steps necessary to have a more balanced day. Make me more like you Lord.

No comments: