"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

God's Creation

Today is a beautiful day in Pennsylvania. The temperatures are back to cooler again and the leaves are starting to change. A beautiful breeze is blowing and I can't help but glory in the beauty of God's creation. As my weekly walking partner and I traversed the neighborhood this morning, I was awed by God's handiwork. I smile as I hear the birds chirping and singing outside of my windows, right now as I write.

I stepped outside for a few minutes earlier in the day, and saw a chipmunk scurrying. Later he was under one of the bird feeders filling his cheeks with dropped seeds and then hurried off to hide them in the neighbor's yard. The next visitor to the feeder was a squirrel. I don't mind when he stays on the ground and forages, but he tends to climb the pole so he can get to the feeder, and scares off the birds.

I can't help but think of Psalm 72:19, "Praise be to his glorious name forever; may the whole earth be filled with his glory. Amen and Amen." When was the last time you breathed a prayer of thanksgiving for the beauty of the world God has created for us?

No comments: