"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Walk By Faith

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

The Lord reminded me of this verse this morning when I received an unexpected phone call. On Monday I had gone for my annual mammogram. I was told that if there were any issues with reading the films I would hear back in a couple days. This morning as I walked with my walking partner I shared that I guess everything went okay because I hadn't heard anything from the clinic. Within minutes after returning home from exercising I had a call from the health center stating that I needed to come back in for additional x-rays.

I must admit that a small part is apprehensive since both my mother and maternal grandmother were diagnosed with breast cancer within months of each other. They both made it through treatments and are cancer free today. So on Friday I face yet another mammogram.

I am choosing to walk in faith and not by sight. I know that there is no guarantee that I will get the all clear, but I know that I serve a Heavenly Father that I can trust. If for some reason I face cancer in my future, I know that it is part of God's plan for my life and He will help me each step of the way. What a reassurance I have that what comes into my life is filtered through His hands when I am choosing to follow and serve Him.

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

Oh Sweetie!! Praying for Friday! Keep us updated!