"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, July 9, 2010

Cool Thoughts

It's been a scorcher week here in PA. We've had at least three days of temperatures above 100 degrees. The other two days were in the upper 90's. Today it's a little cooler - only 91 degrees at present. Definitely not my cup of tea. I'm a winter loving kind of girl. Give me a choice between summer and winter and I would gladly choose winter. I love those days when we are snowed in and have nowhere to go. I revel in being home, perhaps relaxing by the fireplace, curled up with hot cocoa and a good book.

My husband and I have been out and about a bit this week and we noticed school supplies being stocked at a couple department stores, and Christmas items are already coming into the craft stores. It makes me in the mood for cool, crisp days of Fall and preparations for the holidays.

Right now I'm enjoying air conditioning and not having to be outside in the heat. My thoughts often go to my two sons who are helping out at a Christian camp this summer, and have many hours of being exposed to the heat. They are often in my prayers. Even though I'm not crazy about summer, I'm enjoying the fact that things are a bit more laid back. I am finding time to write and work on some things that I'm unable to do when we are in the middle of the school year.

But I guess right now my thoughts are leaning towards fall and winter and cooler temperatures. It gives me hope to realize that Fall is just around the corner. What gives you hope today?

No comments: