"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Are You Growing and Healthy?

"He makes the whole body fit together perfectly. As each part does its own special work, it helps the other parts grow, so that the whole body is healthy and growing and full of love." 
Ephesians 4:16

I continue to think about the body of Christ and how we are to strengthen, help and encourage each other. I love the image of this verse written above. "He makes the whole body fit together perfectly." It goes on to say that we each have a special job and work to perform within the body of Christ. We each have a calling that He has given specifically to us - to you. Have you found out yet what God has made you uniquely to do?

We need to have a healthy and growing relationship with the Lord in order to find out what that calling is that He has given us. Then once we know what that gift or passion is, we need to be faithful to earnestly pursue it. We also need to be reminded of where and who the gift came from. Ephesians 4:1-2a proclaims, "Therefore I, a prisoner for serving the Lord, beg you to lead a life worthy of your calling, for you have been called by God. Always be humble and gentle." This tells us to not become proud. It is God that has given us gifts and all the glory should go to Him.

I know the gift and passion that God has given me - to write. I need to do what I can to nurture that gift and use it to serve God. I grown and learn by drawing into God's presence. I desire to serve Him so that others see Him through my writing, and not me.

No comments: