"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Stomach Woes

It has been an interesting week and a half for me. Last Sunday and Monday I ended up with a stomach bug of some sort. Fortunately I quickly bounced back from it. Then came this Monday. My son and I both contracted a new variation of the stomach bug. Monday was pretty severe. Let's just say that I lost five pounds in one day. I teased my husband and said, if I could go like that for a few days I would have my 20 pounds lost. :) Okay, I know that is not the desired way to lose weight.

Here it is Thursday and my stomach still is not back to normal food. I've been living on crackers and applesauce basically. Don't know why it is taking me so long to recover. My son was better by Tuesday and ready to eat doughnuts and all kinds of a variety of food. Not so for me. Along with the queasy stomach I also have been fatigued. It took everything I had yesterday to do the laundry and put supper in the crock pot.

Well as you can see, I don't have any deep theological thoughts to share today. I am thankful that God understands and loves us even when we can just barely go through the motions of our lives.

1 comment:

Natalie Witcher said...

eeewww. Sounds like food poisoning! Glad you're feeling better.