"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, February 22, 2008

Snowy Day in PA

It started snowing last night around 9 PM and went through a good portion of the night. We have four inches of snow on the ground and were supposed to get ice on top of that. So far no ice. Because of the threat of bad weather my teenage son did not have to go into work today, and the local schools are closed, which means no swim practice. My husband works at the local college and they too have the day off due to weather as well.

So here we are near lunch time and I have vegetable beef soup simmering on the stove and my dear husband is preparing dough for homemade pizza this evening. I love those days when we are house bound and have nowhere we have to be. What a wonderful blessing it is to have a day to just kick back and relax some.

Fridays are typically family night when we have pizza and watch a video together. Our local library gets in a lot of the current releases so we are able to watch things without cost. What a blessing. Especially when funds are tight. We typically have a light day of schoolwork on Fridays and are completed within an hour or less.

I found myself with a few minutes to blog before it is time to eat lunch. Perhaps we'll spend the afternoon playing games or trying to catch up on some things around the house. Right now I'm thinking a nap sounds pretty good. :)

My Mom is here as well. She came for the weekend. Tomorrow is the annual Grandma/Grandson Valentine's Dinner. Ever since my boys were toddlers we started a tradition where they have a special dinner with their Grandma. They help prepare the meal, dress up in their best clothes, prepare small gifts for her and seat her at the table. Often it is a candlelight dinner. My almost 17 year old son has learned to cook this year so it looks like he will be handling most of the cooking himself. While they have their fun time together my husband and I slip away for our own date night.

Well lunch is calling so I will sign off for now. Hope you have a pleasant weekend with your own family.

No comments: