"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, February 1, 2008

From the Midst of a Whirlwind Week

Have you ever had one of those weeks that seems to fly by in a whirlwind, but also crawl along at the same time? That is how this week has been for me. The first two days started out sluggish for me as I fought a stomach bug. Tuesday the whirlwind began. Between home school, taking my son to his two college classes, picking him up again, quickly inhaling lunch before heading off to the pool for his high school swim meet. Getting home to eat supper and soon fall into bed. Wednesday was also busy with school, swim practice, teen and adult choir practices and church services. Thursday (yesterday) was a repeat of Tuesday, although we also threw in a trip to the orthodontist for extra measure! Whew! I get tired, just writing about it all! :)

Last evening was the last dual meet of the season. I was so happy for my son as he continued to have his times drop for his individual events and one of the relays may qualify for districts. It was an exciting night for him. Today we awoke to freezing ran and icicles everywhere. He headed out early for his job. I was so thankful that he had a ride this morning and that I did not need to drive. (1 1/2 hour round trip). More good news in that the local school canceled classes for the day, which meant no swim practice this afternoon. So I can actually have an entire day where I do not need to actually drive him somewhere. I look forward to spending the day inside. Perhaps I can finally work on putting Christmas things away. :) (It has been a crazy month!)

I also wanted to ask for prayer for my sweet husband. He developed an infection in late November that has never healed properly, so he will be undergoing surgery on February 13th. We sure would appreciate your prayers. He looked at it positively by saying at least he would be able to be home to spend Valentine's Day with me. :) What a guy!

I hope this day finds you able to take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Hi! I don't know what your name is, but mine is Jennifer (all4boys.blogspot.com), and I just read this blog for the first time. I can sympathize over this kind of a week...I have 4 boys, ages 8, 7 and 4 year old twins. I am so sorry to hear about your husband...this I can also sympathize with...my own husband just had major back in November, and it's so hard for a family to go through that. My boys had a hard time seeing their big, strong daddy hurt. I know your kids are much older, thankfully, and will deal with it better. But I wanted you to know that I prayed for you and your family, and I am committing this need to Jesus. He is so much bigger than all our infirmities, praise His Name! I know that He will get your through this difficult time, and that with Him by your side, you can do everything you need to take care of him! I hope your day is blessed!

Jennifer Goodwin