"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Renewed Love

Happy Valentine's Day! I started this morning by reading the love chapter in the Bible - 1 Corinthians 13.

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." (1 Corinthians 13: 4-8a)

Yesterday I had a renewed sense of love for my dear sweet husband. He had surgery in the afternoon and I saw him when he was in the recovery room. He looked so cute sitting in his hospital gown with his hair mussed from the surgical hair cap. I had a fresh, and also renewed sense of love for this man that I had married over twenty years ago.

Our Valentine's Day will be a little different this year since he still is recovering from surgery and quite sore. We won't have the opportunity to go out for a romantic dinner or anything like that. But I find myself blessed that we can spend the day home together. Love isn't about the things that we can do for each other or buy. It is showing patience and kindness. It is being peaceful and not easily angered. It's not keeping track of all of the wrongs. It's always protecting, trusting, hoping and persevering. May you have a joyful day letting someone in your life know how special they are to you! :)

3 comments:

Jan said...

Good post, I happen to use the same verse today in my entry. (I am from PA too and I love your blog's colors and graphics by the way.)

Happy Valentine's Day!

MrsProverbs31 said...

God bless you both. Happy Valentine's Day. Come on over to my blog. I have something for you at the end of today's blog.

Sisterlisa said...

((hugs)) Valentine's Day has become highly over rated in my opinion. Or maybe I just feel that way after 16 yrs of marriage. (tomorrow is our 16th) But every day can be a romantic moment, and love should be celebrated every day rather than just one big commmercialized and sensualized holiday. Best healing wishes and prayers for your hubby!