"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, February 18, 2008

Balance

One of the things that I find difficult in my day to day life is balance - trying to get everything done that needs to be accomplished. Sometimes I just end up spinning my wheels, because I am indecisive about what things I should focus on first. I can not always determine which should take precedence, so sometimes I end up getting nothing accomplished because I am unable to make a decision.

One of the new areas in my life that God is working on is, trying to find that healthy balance in my life with my various activities. So far today I have done fairly well. The last load of laundry is in the dryer, I have a plan for supper, and I also managed to take down all of the Christmas decorations and tree in our basement as well as do home school with my two boys, work on finances as well as get together breakfast and lunch. I also hung up laundry in the basement, put clothes away from last week's laundry. (It has been a crazy week with sickness and my husband's surgery, etc.)

I find on days like today when I am able to remain focused and get things accomplished, I feel better about myself. On those days where I can not make a decision and I just end up filling my time on the computer or other tasks, I feel pretty negative about myself. This is something that I have been struggling with. I have been sick off and on the past several weeks and have not had a lot of energy. With no energy it is easy to lapse back into vegging.

I pray that I can each day have a single minded focus on getting accomplished what God has me to do for that day. I first need to bow my desires to my Heavenly Father's will. Only He knows what the day holds and knows what I need to accomplish. I pray that with each day I become more and more like my Daddy.

2 comments:

Natalie Witcher said...

I'm with you sister!

Jan said...

Amen!