"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, November 9, 2007

Running a Marathon

Okay I haven't been literally running a marathon, but it sure has felt like it this week. It has been a crazy week with school schedule, extra-curricular events to chauffeur my sons to, church activities, Proverbs 31 Gather & Grow Group, driving my son to and from work - a 45 minute drive each way..... I'm sure you get the picture. I just have not had many free moments to sit down at the computer.

On Tuesday I discovered that my second mammogram was suspicious. I have a cluster of calcification and when that starts to happen it isn't a good sign. So this week has been busy with trying to set up doctor appointments as well as tracking down where my mammogram films are, so they can be pulled so I can hand carry them next week to my appointment with the breast surgeon. She will do further testing and perhaps set up a time for a biopsy as well. I feel like I have been running a marathon and I am not a runner. I much prefer walking. :)

Still through all the craziness of this week I have felt God's peace and presence. I know He will be with me no matter what I face next week. I know He will beside me holding my hand each step of the way. What a reassurance that is.

Yesterday I was stressed out...trying to do schoolwork, get the house cleaned up for the P31 study last night, bake for two different events, etc. My youngest son was giving me a hard time with school. A lot of his problem dealt with not knowing what the future holds for me, and the fear that he was experiencing because of that. I finally decided to call a halt to schoolwork for the day. My sons worked together to get the house clean and ready for the evening as well as baking. We also hung some bright Christmas garland around our door frames, had Christmas music playing and brought down the miniature Christmas tree down from the attic. I love the Christmas season. This helped me to step back for a while and not experience stress, but instead joy as we prepared in just a small way for the upcoming holiday.

I praise God that He understands and knows all that we go through. I praise God that His love for me never wavers. I pray that in all I do and say that I will be a beacon that points others to Him.

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

oh Jodie.((hugs)) I had to say no schoolwork the other day too. Sometimes the family just needs that regrouping time.