"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, November 26, 2007

30 Day Challenge

Yesterday my pastor issued a 30 day challenge to our congregation and I would like to extend it to you as well. The sermon was titled, "Filter out words of ingratitude and pour in words of grace." He had four main points to work on:
  • Filter out grumbling and pour in gratitude.
  • Filter out criticism and pour in encouragement.
  • Filter out blaming and pour in honesty.
  • Filter out entitlement and pour in contentment.

He challenged us to work on the words we say throughout this month. He even suggested wearing a rubber band on your arm and snapping it whenever you say something you shouldn't. So this morning I had my rubber band in place as I headed off for my biopsy. I pray that through this month I will be more careful with the words I speak. What a wonderful time of year to work at this. I pray you will join me. I know God will reap incredible results in our lives!

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

This sounds like a great study! I look forward to it Jodie!!!