- I'm feeling stressed out.
- I have dirty dishes in the sink, counter, etc.
- My house is in desperate need of cleaning.
- I speak too harshly to my boys.
- I react poorly to my spouse.
- I neglect time with my Heavenly Father.
- I focus on my own wants and desires instead of God's, or the other people in my life.
- I feel overwhelmed by my "to do" list.
Okay, you guessed it - I've been a bit stressed out lately. As I did my devotions this morning I asked God, "What can I give up today, so I feel less stressed?" He pointed me to two activities that are "good" things, but ones that could be cancelled at least for today. I'm enjoying being able to get caught up with some things around the house, (including this blog), as well as preparing for a whole household of family that will be coming for Thanksgiving and staying for several days. I feel like I have been able to take a step back and BREATHE! Ah! I definitely needed that!
How about you? Do you have anything that is stressing you at the moment? Don't forget to take time and just breathe. Ask God to fill and refresh you. 'Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up." Galatians 6:9 Don't give up, instead look up to your Heavenly Father who is longing to give you rest!