"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, September 8, 2007

Chocolate Indulgences

This week I was scheduled for my yearly physical (woman) exam at the doctor. Not my favorite thing to do - okay probably one of my least favorite things to do. After it was over I decided to stop by the local K-Mart just for a few minutes before returning home. While there I found a few items - a pair of shoes for myself that were on sale and a shirt for each of my boys that was 50% off the clearance price. Then as I was in line I happened to peruse the candy while waiting for the customer in front of me to finish up with the cashier. I noticed a new candy bar from Hershey and it was on sale for only 49 cents - so I indulged. I figured it was my reward for being faithful with going to my exam. Now it was not something I needed, just wanted. A reward for being faithful. God promises to reward us if we are faithful to Him.
Let's see... next month I have my mammogram to do...... :)

No comments: