"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Keeping Your Head Above the Water

Ever feel so swamped with your "To Do" list that you are treading water and just barely keeping your head above the water? That has been my life lately. My husband has been out from work for almost a week now with back problems, and my youngest son started with a cold and fever yesterday. Being nursemaid is not a strong point for me, so I am struggling to be pleasant while serving. With two out of commission my "To Do" list has been put on hold and I feel like I am getting further behind. But I am reassured that God is not surprised with where I am and that I am not able to get much completed. I pray that I will respond sweetly to my son and husband and learn from God what it is that I need to focus on each day and just trust Him with the rest.

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

As I was reading another blog I learned that to bring your to do list before the Lord and ask what His revisions would be. Whatever He says Cross off, is a-okay. ;O)