"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, September 24, 2007

Prayer Update

Just wanted to thank you for praying. The boys are on the mend. My husband still is suffering with back problems. He has problems with it about once a year, but it seems slower to heal this time than normal. Sure would appreciate your continued prayers.

Last week was a rough one with the boys sick, my husband out of commission, the toilet sprung a leak and had soaked through to the basement below, soaking the ceiling tile, dealt with a dead bird, tight finances, driving a car that in order to get out of it, you have to roll the window down to open the door from the outside.... But in the midst of a hard week, I also have tried to take time each day to praise the Lord and thank Him for His many blessings.

I have hopes that this week will be better. But even if it is not, I know that God is in control and He is never surprised by what happens in my life. I can take comfort in Him.

No comments: