"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Birds and Flowers

Welcome! Perhaps you found me because of my post today on Christian Devotions. I'm glad you decided to pop by for a visit. Feel free to come back often. :)

My pastor has started a series on how to find peace in God. This week he used the scripture from Matthew 6:25-34. You probably are familiar with it. Here are two of my favorite passages.

Look at the birds of the sky: They don’t sow or reap or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you worth more than they?
Matthew 6:26 (HCSB)

Learn how the wildflowers of the field grow: they don’t labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! Matthew 6:28-29 (HCSB)

When I think about how much God cares for the birds and flowers, it's only understandable to realize that as His child, He cares for me immeasurably more. 

Today I hope you find rest in knowing how much God loves you. Have a blessed day. 

No comments: