"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 4, 2010

Comfort for the Soul

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

It's rainy, cool, and dreary outside, but warm and calming inside. I have a pumpkin candle burning and Christmas music playing in the background.

It was an off weekend for our family. My husband and sons went to Virginia to visit my in-laws while I headed to my mom for a viewing and funeral. I think we all returned home a bit battle-bruised and weary and in need of recuperation.

I decided when I woke up this morning that my son and I would have an abbreviated school schedule today. He suggested putting on some Christmas music. We always start playing it early in our household, and decided today was the day to start. The only other things that would make the day perfect would be for my husband to have the day off, and for it to be snowing! :)

I'm thankful today for the comfort God brings through music and time together.

No comments: