"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 8, 2010

Gorgeous Day in PA

We have been having such gorgeous weather in PA the past couple days. It's been quite welcome after having three days of dreary, overcast and rainy days. Although I find that I also enjoyed the dreary days too. I like being able to sleep in a little later since it was more dismal. I like curling up with a good book, drinking something hot, having Christmas carols playing and a candle lit. Gotta love that! But I also enjoy the sunshine. Also love the snow, but we won't go there.....YET! :)

It's to be wonderful tomorrow too, for which I am thankful. My dear friend from Georgia and her husband will be visiting. Unfortunately they can only stay for about 16 hours or so, but we are going to make the most of the opportunity since she doesn't often make it to PA. We'll celebrate her 50th birthday together.

I don't have any deep or even light spiritual truths to share today. Just glorying in the beautiful day God has given us. What are you thankful for?

No comments: