"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 25, 2010

God Knows

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

I'm thankful how God uses people in my life when I need it the most. I've been thinking today about the many blessings God bestows on us, often when we least expect them.

I've been on an emotional roller coaster the past week or so for various reasons. Through my ups and downs God has blessed me with a dear friend who surprised me with a dozen roses. I enjoyed a long walk with a different friend. I've been blessed through phone calls and women coming alongside me to uplift me in prayer. I have a wonderful husband who supports me. My youngest son blessed me today through an understanding hug and comfort.

I am so thankful God knows our hearts and our needs. I'm thankful for His loving care and concern. He blesses me through many individuals and I am grateful.

1 comment:

G. HUBBARD said...

lord has an excellent pearl to offer us all daily..accept his free offer to talk with him daily about your daily life concerns. our free program inspires these talks. 3-6 friend groups meet monthly. free info/song lyrics g.hubbard p.o. box 2232 ponte vedra fl 32004 blog http://talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/