"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Burden Carrier

"Two are better than one,
       because they have a good return for their work:

 If one falls down,
       his friend can help him up.
       But pity the man who falls
       and has no one to help him up!

 Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm.
       But how can one keep warm alone?

 Though one may be overpowered,
       two can defend themselves.
       A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." Ecclesiastes 4:9-12


I praise God for a dear friend of mine. God brought her into my life when I was in need. It's funny, because we had been acquaintances for years, but never anything more than that. But at a time when I was having a number of struggles, she reached out to me. It forged a new beginning for us.

I know I quoted these verses in my last post, but it still rings true to what's on my heart today. I praise God I have a friend who comes alongside me and carries my burdens. She is a great listener and burden carrier. She can't change things or make my situation better. But I know she cares and is traveling the road with me. She prays for me. Somehow in the sharing and praying together, my burden is lifted. It isn't solved, only God can do that, but it becomes more manageable.

This is how it should be. We also experience this when we give our struggles over to the Lord for Him to carry. I'm so thankful He knows what is best for me. I praise Him for this dear friend who chooses to help carry my burdens. Thanks friend! :)

No comments: