"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, March 28, 2009

When I Am Weak

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

I can't help but be reminded of this verse lately. It seems that whenever I have a unit study column due for Home School Enrichment magazine, I end up being sick. I don't know if the Lord is trying to teach me something, or if it just happens to be a coincidence. Now I don't typically believe in coincidences, so I guess the Lord is trying to remind me of the importance of relying upon Him for my daily strength. I certainly was weak today when I sat down to work on my article that needs submitted by April 1st. I wasn't exactly sure what I was going to write, but asked the Lord to speak through me, despite my inadequacies. I pray that He does.

So my heart prayer today is "for when I am weak, then I am strong," but only because of the faithful God I serve. He is my all and all!

No comments: