"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet Aroma

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. To the one we are the smell of death; to the other, the fragrance of life. And who is equal to such a task?" 2 Corinthians 2:15-16

Yesterday evening was another of the "lasts" in my son's senior year of high school. We attended the high school swim banquet. It was a fun time of seeing a slide show of photos from throughout the season, as well as a time for each swimmer to be awarded and recognized. It is hard to believe how quickly the four years of high school have flown by and that we will soon be at the end of our homeschooling journey with him.

At the conclusion of the program we had several parents come up to tell us about how impressed they were with our almost eighteen year old son. It was a proud moment for us, but also bittersweet as well as we look forward to the fall and his leaving for college to attend Pensacola Christian College in Florida - a long distance from Pennsylvania.

When we arrived back home, my husband and I commented about three different women that we noticed at the swim banquet. They each had the 'aroma of Christ' and 'fragrance of life.' It was very evident that they had a personal relationship with the Lord. They weren't showy or flashy, but with their sweet spirit, it was easy to observe Jesus in their face.

This made me think about how I look when others see me. Do they too notice the 'aroma of Christ' and the 'fragrance of life'? I pray that my life and demeanor are very obvious of who I belong to - Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

Amy Carroll said...

I loved this post! I work part time for a local welcome service. Even though I rarely get to share the full gospel as I visit new residents in my town, I have prayed that I will be the fragrance of Christ in each home. I pray that God will use little bits of conversation to draw these newcomers to Himself.

Thank you for being Christ's fragrance on my blog today. You were such an encouragement to me!

Amy