"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Well here it is St. Patrick's Day already, which means that we have just finished celebrating my oldest son's birthday (Friday) and my husband's birthday (yesterday). In a month we'll also be celebrating my other son's birthday. Spring will be here starting on Friday, but today we celebrate St. Patrick and his vision to evangelize the citizens of the country that stole him away from his homeland.

I can't help but reflect some in regard to his servant heart. He escaped Ireland but felt God's tug on his heart to return there to tell the people about Him. It makes me wonder what I would have done in that circumstance. Would I have said "Good riddance." and gotten on with my life or would I have followed that call that God was placing in my life.

Even now, God has placed a call on each of our lives. Are we going to hear that still, small voice that is calling us? Are we going to be obedient to it? What are you going to do with what God has given you? What is He asking you to do? Will you decide today to start answering that call and actually do something with it?

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I guess I really never knew much about St. Patrick before. He must have really had a great love for God to be able to go back to the ones who had done him wrong just so he could help them find eternal life! Oh that I would have such a heart as that!

Marilyn