"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, March 9, 2009

Fresh Wind

The temperatures have been rather warm here in Pennsylvania the past few days. Today in no exception. The wind is blowing, but the temperatures are warm. I stepped outside for a minute to put some letters in the mailbox when I noticed the beauty of the day. The wind reminded me of a book that I read many years ago entitled Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire by Jim Cymbala.

My thoughts moved on to the words of Jesus when he said to Nicodemus, "The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit." (John 3:8) I also thought of how the wind can be strong enough to blow away the dirt and debris and make an area clean.

For today, my prayer is the following:

"Lord, let your Holy Spirit blow in my heart and my life. Clean out the areas in my heart that go against You and Your word. Clear out the areas of dust, dirt and sin in my life. Mold me, make me, and shape me into Your image I pray. Amen."

4 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Very good thoughts today! Seems like these windy March days have us thinking along the same lines. check out my post today called "Wind Advisory".

God bless,
Marilyn

Zoe Elmore said...

Hey there Sweetest friend,
How wonderful to open my comments to see your face and read your words of comfort. Hope you and the family are well.
I loved your thoughts today and LOVE that book.

Rachel Olsen said...

Hey Pearls, thanks for leaving me that sweet comment today. It's been warm here lately too - 80 degrees today!

I'm all for a fresh blow of the Spirit in my life. I pray we both feel that this week! ~ R

Van said...

Fresh Wind Fresh Fire - I listened to the CD of his book. What a mark it left on my soul!