"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Sometimes

Sometimes the answers aren't easy when we pray. Typically the answers are 'yes', 'no', or 'wait'. We have had an ongoing situation in our household for a while now. Last week after an appointment we knew that the answer was 'no' for that possibility. Yesterday presented another opening, one that we have been hoping, praying, and feeling would be 'yes'. But the answer we received was 'wait'.

I don't know about you, but that is not something I do well. Just ask my husband. He has always said that he is more patient than I am. Which is probably true...at least for a lot of situations. :) Perhaps it is because I am a planner. I want to know what is coming up so I can get it on the calendar and know what I am facing. I guess I need to keep in mind the following verses.

"A man's steps are directed by the LORD. How then can anyone understand his own way?" Proverbs 20:24

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

"Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD." Psalm 27:14

"We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield." Psalm 33:20

" I wait for you, O LORD; you will answer, O Lord my God." Psalm 38:15

"Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18

"Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall: But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:30-31 (KJV)

Perhaps God has you in a situation right now where you are waiting for an answer. I pray that through this time you and I will be faithful in seeking His face and relying upon Him for daily strength. May we come through our trials victorious.

No comments: