"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Please Join Me in Praying for She Speaks

Last year at this time my mom and I were eagerly anticipating traveling to She Speaks for the very first time. This is a conference that Proverbs 31 Ministry puts on each year for speakers, writers, women's ministry leaders as well as adolescent girls. This is an incredible weekend where God's Spirit is on the move. It is something that has touched my heart and life. Since then I am a volunteer for this organization even though I live far away in PA.

I really desired to attend again this year, but we just couldn't afford it financially this time. I was so disappointed and discouraged for a while. But I finally have accepted that it is not God's timing for me to go this year. But there are lots of women that will be attending - 500 to be exact. So will you pray for them as they are nervously anticipating going? I know that God wants to speak to their hearts in a special way. I feel privileged to be a prayer warrior for this conference. God knows that my heart will be with them all.

Also please be praying for the P31 speaker team as well as office personnel. They all have been experiencing a lot of spiritual attack - tornado damage, death of a grandmother, husband that had an accident and needs surgery, broken bones, poison ivy, etc... Just to name a few things. I know that Satan is trying his best to discourage these ladies before they travel next week. Please join with me in praying for their safety as well as their preparations. I pray too that hearts will be open to what the Lord wants to show them. Even though we can't all go, we can all be praying.

I first became aware of the ministry of Proverbs 31 about five years ago. I was so excited because it meets women where they are and encourages them to do better in their spiritual walk. They are not afraid to be counter cultural in a world that has different ideas about the worth of a woman and the role she is called to do. Last year when I attended She Speaks it was like a breath of fresh air to my spirit. I felt like I was coming home while I was there. I felt like I finally found a group of women that understand me and the way that I think and feel.

I also want to encourage you to step out in faith for next year and attend if at all possible. I just talked to my husband this afternoon about the possibility of me going next year. I know it will be a tight year financially because we need to save for a missions trip to China for my husband and youngest son. But I pray that somehow God provides the funds so that I will be able to travel to North Carolina for this conference.

1 comment:

Rachel Olsen said...

Thank you for praying. We truly appreciate all you do for the ministry and for God. I've prayed today that you will be able to attend She Speaks again in the comming years.

Sweet blessings ~ Rachel