"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, June 16, 2008

Faithful Steps

Today has been a day of stepping out in faith and growing. I was doing my morning walk and just spending time with the Lord. I was surprised when He gave me two assignments for the day. One would involve a lot of writing of encouragement notes - 34 to be exact. So by the end of the afternoon my arm and hand were quite tired, but I felt a sense of accomplishment and that I had followed through on what God requested. I pray that they are a blessing.

The other item wasn't quite so easy because it meant going outside of my comfort zone and reaching out in a way I never had before. I have been praying for a new friend since my dear friend moved to Georgia at the end of March, but so far I could see no potential woman on the horizon that God was leading me to - until today. So I reached out, and we'll see what happens. Part of me is scared of rejection. I think that is something that we all struggle with as women. We desire deep personal relationships with other women, but it isn't always easy reaching out and making ourselves vulnerable.

Haven't made a whole lot of progress in the area of the house since I last blogged concerning that. My guys got home late this afternoon and are trying to get laundry done before leaving tomorrow around 12:45 PM. Then the afternoon will be spent taking my oldest son for a doctor and orthodontist appointment before being dropped off at camp. So I will spend most, if not all of the afternoon traveling in the car! But I do plan to do some work on the house on Wednesday. I'll keep you updated.

Just wanted to encourage you to act when you get those promptings from the Holy Spirit. It helps if you can respond immediately. Each time we say "yes" to God, we are more likely to hear His voice the next time. How is your hearing lately?

No comments: