"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, June 20, 2008

A Bit of Sunshine

Today is an overcast day here in PA. We have had a fairly cool week with temperatures only in the 70's until today. As I am writing this I can hear the rumbling of thunder in the background. Most of the morning was sunny and around 80 degrees.

A few minutes ago I happened to look out at one of our bird feeders and saw a flash of yellow. It was a male goldfinch! Beautiful! We haven't seen them around for a couple months now. They were prevalent in the winter months when their coats were a dull tan. But with the beginning of Spring they went into hiding - perhaps to build their nests and raise babies.

When I saw the flash of yellow, it caused me to smile. It made me think of sunshine in the midst of a gray and overcast afternoon. I also thought about how we can be a bit of sunshine and light in someones day. We can be a beam of encouragement. Look around and see who needs a kind word and be sure to say it today!

No comments: