"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Favorite Sight in Spring







I was wanting to post this yesterday, but ended up spending the day in bed with a stomach flu instead. I am feeling much better today.

I wanted to share with you one of my favorite sights each Spring. This is a view of our Japanese cherry tree that is in our front yard. Each year it brings me such joy to see it in its full beauty. It has blossomed a little earlier than normal this year. Most years it is in full blossom close to my birthday. This time it is a couple weeks early.

As I write this I hear the birds chirping outside. They too are enjoying this beautiful Spring day. I praise God for the change of seasons and for the promises He gives us. What are you thankful for today?

7 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Wow! It is beautiful all right! What an awesome artist our God is!

Marilyn

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

I love cheery blossoms. Thanks for sharing your pretty pix. I hope you eel better soon.

Anne said...

What great pictures! They remind me of the cherry blossoms in DC. Sure hope and pray that you are on the mend and that you don't share it with the family.

Blessings,
Anne

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
B. said...

That is a glorious tree! When I was growing up, My grandma had a japanese magnolia tree that looked similar. You made me smile thinking of that beautiful tree that is no longer here.

Glad you are feeling better today!

The Beavin Bunch... said...

I'm so sorry to hear you were not feeling well yesterday.

The flowers are absolutely beautiful! Thank you for sharing!

Crystal

Sisterlisa said...

I love Love the pink trees this time of year!