"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Back to Normal?

I'm so glad you enjoyed the photos of our tree. My youngest son took those. He received a digital camera for Christmas and he has really enjoyed making movies and taking photos. Most days you will find him doing something with his camera. Today though you will find him working on his standardized testing. He will be working on that today and tomorrow. I know he will be glad when he is finished.

I think I am slowly on the road back to normal. Is that possible? I was feeling better and attended church services on Sunday morning, but as we were half way through the service, I realized I wouldn't be able to stay for Sunday School. So as soon as the service concluded my husband dropped me off at home. I no sooner was relaxing on the bed when I started with a new round of the stomach bug. Off to the bathroom I trotted.... again and again and again. Okay, you get the picture. It was not a pretty sight. By Sunday evening I was worn out. Yesterday was a day to recover and rest.

Today I have been pretty much up and about. I had my first real meal, a piece of toast for breakfast and I just had half of a sandwich for lunch. So I'm praying that everything stays where it is supposed to be! :)

I spent the morning working on finishing my oldest son's portfolio. I still have one subject of papers that need to be copied and included. Then the last thing will be to print off pictures from our various field trips. Last evening my sweet husband spent several hours putting all of the photos for me to choose from into a special directory so I could arrange the pages. Only problem is, I can't find the directory! So I guess I will wait until he gets home from work so I can work on that. Then tomorrow afternoon is their home school evaluation.

I will breathe a sigh of relief after Thursday, when I take the test to be graded. Then we will be officially finished for the school year. Of course my oldest son still has two college finals next week, but I will not have to help with that.

That pretty much catches you up to date on what has been happening in my life. I pray I will be completely on the mend because I have lots of plans for the summer. I'll be sharing about them in the weeks to come.

No comments: