"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Who Am I?

Today I'd like to welcome a virtual guest.... one from history. Since we're about ready to celebrate Thanksgiving I thought we'd do something a little different today. See if you can figure out who in history I'm talking about. If you are right I'll add your name twice for the November drawing. :) How's that for incentive? :)

Welcome! Can you tell us a little about yourself?

There are so many things I'm not sure where to start. One fact that some may not know about me is that I once was captured and sold as a slave.

How awful. You must have been devastated. 

Chuckle. While it wasn't what I would have chosen, God used it for my good. In fact, I came to an understanding of who God is because of who I was sold to.

I love the way God works things out when we can't see any good coming out of our present situation. Were you enslaved for a long period?

About five years. Eventually I traveled back to my homeland. You see I had been taken across the ocean, far from my home when I was captured. Unfortunately when I arrived I discovered that none of my loved ones remained.

How awful! Wow. You have been through a lot. I hear you played a special role with the first Thanksgiving. Could you tell us a little more about it?

I wouldn't say I had a big part, I just did what God called me to do. I helped to show my new friends how to do things in the new land they had traveled to. Things like fishing, catching lobster and understanding how and when to plant. Well, I think I've given you enough clues.... can you figure out who I am?

Be sure to leave a comment with your guess. :) You only have a few more days to enter the contest for the November giveaway so be sure to leave a comment to be entered.

Next week tune in for an interview with Mary Ellis. You won't want to miss it. :)

Praying you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.


No comments: