"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, November 13, 2015

Let Go

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”
Matthew 11:28-30 (NLT)

Have you ever been overwhelmed by life? Perhaps you're facing a disappointment square in the face and aren't sure where to go next. Or maybe you've pinned your hopes on something happening only to find things didn't go the way you had planned... or would have liked.

I can relate. I received news yesterday that brought a surge of feeling letdown. It made for a difficult day.

Today's a bit better. I'm reminded in the verses from the book of Matthew, to let go and allow God to teach me through these hard times. I pray I can learn to be like this infant in his father's arms - able to totally relax and fall asleep.

My Heavenly Father loves me more than I can think or imagine. I choose to let go and rest in Him. 

No comments: