"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Guest Blogger Crystal Barnes

Today I'd like to welcome my friend, Crystal Barnes as she shares about her new book release.



The Story behind Win, Love, or Draw

Howdy y’all! Crystal L Barnes here. You’d think by now I’d be used to loaded questions, but do we ever get used to them? Really? I highly doubt it. And let me tell you sharing the story behind Win, Love, or Draw is no small tale. Why, you may ask? Well, you can ask, but that doesn’t mean I’ll tell you. LOL. No really, it’s no small tale because I poured so much of my life’s story into this book that’s it impossible to separate the two. 

Win, Love, or Draw is an inspirational western romance fraught with action and humor but has an interwoven theme of love, forgiveness, and reconciliation. You see, like Catherine, I know what it’s like to have the one you love walk out of your life and to hope and pray for years for that individual (and I’m still praying). I also relate to her little boy Benin, for I’ve been that little child who’s seen God heal a family that was broken. God is in the business of doing amazing and impossible things if we will let Him work in and through us. 

While writing this story, I learned so much about me and what really and truly was in my soul. As God worked the bitterness and unforgiveness out of my heart (things I’d thought had long since been taken care of), I began to share the experience and lessons learned through Catherine’s story, in the hopes that others could learn from my experiences and share in the freedom that Christ can bring.
If/when you read Catherine’s story, I hope you’ll share with me (and others) how her journey helped you. I don’t know about you, but helping others find the same comfort and help God provided me makes those hard experiences, the pain become worth it.

How about you? Have you comforted those with the comfort with which you’ve been comforted? Did you find a joy in doing so?

Want to read Catherine and Sam’s story? Order your copy today


Catherine McGarrett is a strong woman. Life in Texas demands such. For five years, she has built a growing horse ranch while praying for the return of the one man who stole her heart and shattered it in a million pieces when he left.
Now he’s back.
Samuel McGarrett rides into Cater Springs, Texas toting two six-shooters and too many scars. The trouble and pain from the past erupts around the couple. And not just in their marriage.
Can Sam win Catherine’s trust? Will their love survive? Or will his final draw be his last?

Crystal L Barnes is an award-winning author, who also happens to be a born-n-raised Texan and a
member of American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW). She has a degree in Computing Science because she loves putting things into their proper place, and she enjoys writing because she gets to share her love of old-fashioned things and the Lord. When she's not writing or reading, Crystal enjoys knitting, sewing, or crocheting while watching old movies/sitcoms. I Love Lucy is one of her favorites. You can connect with Crystal here at her website, on her blog, her Amazon Author page, GoodreadsPinterestGoogle+, or on her Facebook author page. Want to be notified of her latest releases and other fun tidbits? Subscribe to her newsletter.

No comments: