"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Family

For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love he predestined us for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will— to the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.
Ephesians 1:4-6

I've been thinking lately about the blessing of family. It could be because I have a new grandchild and also that we'll soon be adding another daughter-in-law to our family, but I find my life to be full of blessings because of loved ones in my life.

Perhaps when family is mentioned, it brings about sadness or a sinking feeling. For me it's such a sweet reminder that while I love and appreciate my earthly family, my heavenly family is even more important because Christ gave His life for me so that I might have life to abundance. (John 10:10) Christ adopted me into His family on the day that I gave Him control of my life.

Do you have that assurance of being adopted into God's family? I'd love to tell you how you can.

No comments: