"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Ever Have One of Those Days?

Have you ever had one of those days or few days where things aren't going the way you'd like? Maybe you feel like the person in the photo above... hanging on for dear life.

It's been one of those weeks in my household. Monday the car died and left my husband sitting. Yesterday I went downstairs to switch laundry loads to find water in the garage, downstairs bathroom, hallway, as well as two other rooms.... all coming from the sump pump that had died.

It was a rough day trying to clean up the mess and move things into a dry area. My already aching back was put to extremes as I continued to bend and lift.

Today I find myself thankful that I don't need to be burdened down by the situations I face. Instead I can rest in the following encouragement. 


Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31



No comments: