"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, March 9, 2015

Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award

I’ve been nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award by a writing friend, Kathleen Rouser. I was surprised to find an email in my inbox this morning saying she had nominated me. I love the way Kathy utilizes her cat to write book interviews. Thank you for nominating me, Kathy. I'm honored.  

The Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the Award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions sent to you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate five blogs.

The Ten Questions I was given:

1) Why do you blog?
I blog I guess for the same reason that I write novels... to provide a little hope and encouragement in your day and point to my Savior, Jesus Christ.

2) Which famous person from history would you interview on your blog if you could?
I've never been one to be star-struck by famous people so this one is a little bit harder for me to answer. I guess I would interview Laura Ingalls Wilder because after reading her books as a young girl I felt inspired to want to write too.

3) Where do most of your blog ideas come from?
Most of the things (other than book reviews) I blog about are topics God is either teaching me about or it stems from an area of my passions or the current subject I'm writing a novel about.

4) What is your favorite blog post that you’ve written? 
This one is harder to answer since I have a hard time remembering things for very long. :) I guess the most recent one I did was a book review on Debra Clopton's new book, Betting on Hope. Two reasons why it was a favorite is I loved the book and also God gave me the idea of a new feature on my blog - Happily-ever-after Book Reviews.
5) What are some future topics you hope to cover on your blog?
I had to laugh at this one because I never fully know what topics I'll cover, especially when I'm asking the Lord to lead me in what to write. :)
6) What has been your favorite place to visit in the United States?
I can't just pick one for this question. I have three - Alaska, Maine, and Walt Disney World. My husband and I served on a short-term mission years ago in Alaska and we were drawn to the ruggedness of the land. I visited Maine a while ago to research for a book I was writing. Beautiful area. Florida... Walt Disney World in particular, especially in December/January... because it's where we spent our honeymoon and 25th anniversary.
7) Where and what kind of dream vacation would you like to take?
I don't know that they are dream vacations or not, but I'd love to visit the places I just mentioned along with areas in Kansas, Oklahoma, and Texas for researching upcoming writing projects.
8) What fictional character do you identify with the most, out of your best-loved books?
I can't pick a fictional character.... because like I mentioned before... I have short-term memory. LOL. But I would choose the feisty heroines from the 19th Century. One because I love that time period, and two, because it's so unlike me. :)
9) Are you a seat of the pants blogger or do you plan out your posts, with purpose, long in advance?
I rarely plan blog posts long in advance except for book reviews, so I guess I'm more of the seat of the pants blogger. 

10) Have you found that blogging has helped you grow in other areas of writing?
Another hard question.... I really don't know. I do find it hard to discipline myself to regularly posting... something I'm trying to remedy.
 
Terri Wangard
 
Here are my 10 questions:
1. What do you find most challenging about your day?
2. What is one thing you love about yourself?
3. What is one thing you wish you could change about yourself?
4. What would a 'dream day' look like?
5. Name five praises from the past week. (I know, it's not exactly a question) :)
6. What is your current writing project?
7. What is your favorite aspect of writing?
8. How many years have you been writing?
9. How long have you been blogging?
10. What do you hope to accomplish with your writing?
 
 

No comments: