"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Books...So Little Time to Read What I Want to Read :)

As I conclude 2009 I have been thinking about books. I have been an avid reader since I was a little girl. Each year I keep a list of the things that I have read throughout the months. I guess I have been thinking about this lately for several reasons. I have a few days to myself where I plan to do a lot of relaxing and catching up on my reading. I also have become a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson Publisher. Just a few days ago I received my first book in the mail to review. I eagerly look forward to reading it. (Be watching as I soon will share my thoughts on it as well.)

There are probably thousands of books that I have read through the years. Today I just completed reading The Holy Bible. It is one of many times that I have read through the Bible. Each time I read God's Word I am impacted by the truths that lie within it.

I also have been thinking about other books as well. I have read many Christian fiction and nonfiction books through the years. But there has been one that has stood out among the rest. Perhaps because it was one that God used as a catalyst to radically change my relationship with my husband about eight years ago. What is the title you ask? It first came out as a paperback book entitled Motivating Your Man God's Way by Dr. Emerson & Sarah Eggerichs. Since then it has been republished under the title Love & Respect.

I have always had the desire to write and be published. I started writing when I was probably about seven years old. I wrote my first full length novel when I was in my early teen years. I have had some pieces published through the years - some poetry, and I am a regular feature columnist for a homeschool periodical. But there still is that thirst and hunger for more... to have a book published.

As I read I often find myself analyzing as well. What makes this a good or bad story? How would I change it or say it differently? Perhaps someday I will achieve my dream and have a published title. But until that time I continue to strive to do what God desires of me each day. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Happy New Year "Pearls"! Keep up the writing!

Marilyn...in Mississippi