"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Snowy Weekend in Virginia

It's been a crazy week since I last posted. It was full with doctor appointments, and preparing to spend the weekend in Virgina. Our oldest son came home on Friday evening from Florida after being gone for over three months. Friday was a stressful day with activities and preparing to leave for the weekend. In the midst of all of the flurry my oldest son called to say that his second flight from Atlanta to Dulles was cancelled because of the coming snow storm.

He was to be traveling with his friend and roommate from college. After being on standby throughout the day, our son was able to arrive at Dulles Airport, even earlier than his original flight. Unfortunately his roommate has been stuck in Atlanta since Friday morning. We ask that you pray that he soon can make it home to be with his family as well.


I think I have mentioned before that I love snow. So it was a pleasure yesterday to watch at least 24 inches of snow descend on us here in VA. At the moment my husband and sons are shoveling out from the snow storm. We pray that we'll be able to safely make it back to PA tomorrow.

Even in the midst of some difficult days and situations I need to continue to remind myself that God is not surprised by the events that 'happen' in our our lives. With all of the stressful things that has happened this year with my husband's ski accident, I still rely on the fact that I serve a God that I can trust--even when I don't understand. I know that He has my best interest in mind--He can see the future. So today I rest in that.

I do ask you to pray for my son's roommate (and friend) and his family as they are in a 'waiting' time in their lives. May they sense God's peace in the midst of difficulties.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

So glad you love the snow you got recently!
Hope you have a very, very Merry Christmas this year!

Marilyn